Professional services such as law firms and financial services firms want to get discovered higher in search results too! Backlinks are key SEO ranking factors and getting them from trusted website is a good sign to search engines.
What are backlinks?
- Simple – when another site links to your content like this: Hey check out this great B2B digital marketing business!
<a href=”https://www.digitaldevotee.com/”>B2B digital marketing</a>
- Not when they add a nofollow though!
<a href=”example.com” rel=”nofollow”>interesting blog post</a>
What are trusted sites?
- Institutions like government, universities, medical centers, industry and business associations, or mainstream media
- Established businesses and subject matter experts
5 Ideas to Try This Year
Since it’s not that easy to get governments or universities to link to your content (and they often have policies against that anyway), here are some ideas.
1. Small local news sites
Write an OpEd for a local news site in return for a link to your site. Try how a policy or new product is effecting the local business environment.
2. Industry associations
Whether these are local or regional, consider a membership if you’ll get a link in return. Or offer to write a guest post in return for a backlink.
3. Chambers of commerce
These typically offer you a link in an online members’ directory. As you network with the chamber members, consider requesting backlinks as people voice support for your business.
4. Community programs and causes
If you support local events or causes, request a backlink in return for your sponsorship.
5. Guest blogging
Offer to write a few guest posts for related blogs or industry news sites.