If you run an e-commerce site there’s a good chance you have an active Instagram account – or you should at least! IG has quietly been rolling out shoppable posts since March 2017 and now it’s available for most countries. Our local Hong Kong lovelies at @mischahq are using it already so it might be available for you too!
Here’s what you need to know to get started…
Tips from Instagram for using the shopping feature
Create at least nine shopping posts on your Instagram business profile to activate the Shop tab for your audience
Tag multiple products to help your audience explore and browse
Use Stories to show your audience that they can now shop your posts
Leverage different shopping formats – tag a single image or a carousel
Make sure that each tag touches the correct product, so shoppers know which product the tag refers to
When someone taps a tag on your post, they’ll see
- An image of the product from your post
- A description of the product
- How much the product costs
- A link that takes them directly to your website, where they can purchase the product
- You can’t promote shopping posts at this time. The ability to tag products in posts is only available in organic posts right now.
- You may find you need to be connected to Shopify, BigCommerce, Facebook Shop Catalog