Drew Neisser wrote a great Fast Co article on Social Busines based on his interview with IBM’s Senior Manager of Digital and Social Strategy, Ethan McCarty.
Following on the GiffGaff article I wrote recently, I thought his points were really powerful messages that CMOs need to pay attention to and invest in. Companies like blogSpirit are already making collaborative platforms to power social business – check out their work with the French National Railway.
1. Social media will be dwarfed by social business
2. People do business with people, not companies
3. Your employees need to be digital citizens, too
4. You don’t need to eat the whole social business elephant in one bite
5. A social business can be a good business, too
6. Enough already with the useless email chains
7. It’s okay to fail as long as you do it quickly